A very modern natural medicine
Chinese Herbal Medicine (CHM) is a very modern form of medicine despite its ancient origins. Because it forms a major part of healthcare provision in China, and is provided in state hospitals alongside western medicine, considerable scientific research has continued to hone its use and clinical effectiveness. For example, a recent scientific paper found CHM to be twice as effective as IVF in achieving pregnancy for women diagnosed as infertile.
What can herbal medicine treat?
Herbal medicine is a complete medical system that is used to treat a wide range of conditions – many of which are not satisfactorily treated by conventional medicine – such as:
- Fertility – recent scientific research found CHM to be twice as effective as IVF in achieving pregnancy for women diagnosed as infertile.
- Skin disease, including eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria
- Gastro-intestinal disorders, including irritable bowel syndrome, chronic constipation, ulcerative colitis
- Gynaecological conditions, including pre-menstrual syndrome and dysmenorrhoea, endometriosis, infertility
- Chronic fatigue syndrome, whether with a background of viral infection or in other situations
- Respiratory conditions, including asthma, bronchitis and chronic coughs, allergic and perennial rhinitis and sinusitis
- Rheumatological conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis)
- Urinary conditions including chronic cystitis
- Psychological problems (e.g. depression, anxiety)
- Children’s diseases
Take action now
Stefan Chmelik, one of the UK’s most experienced practitioners of acupuncture and Chinese herbs, see clients at 10a Upper Wimpole Street, in the heart of London’s Harley Street medical district. Call us on 0845 6769699 or email us to book an initial consultation, or to find out more. All calls are completely confidential and we will treat you with the respect and sensitivity that you deserve.