Are you in London? Suffer from Insomnia or sleep problems?
Looking for a natural sleep aid?
Stefan Chmelik has helped many people like you. Make an appointment today on 0845 67 69 699
Insomnia is defined as: sleep problems characterised by difficulty falling asleep, frequent waking during the night, or waking up earlier than desired.
Often the result of stress or anxiety, insomnia can sometimes feel as though it will never end. Stefan Chmelik uses acupuncture, sleep technology, Chinese herbs and other natural sleep aids to allow you a good night’s sleep once more.
Chronic lack of sleep can be very debilitating and often affects people’s general health and disease resistance. Don’t suffer in silence, call Stefan today to take back control of your sleep
Call to make an appointment on 0845 67 69 699.
While you’re waiting for your appointment, why not try to improve your sleep naturally by bringing these simple sleep improving habits into your routine.
Sleep Hygiene Habits:
- Listen to background white noise or use sleep or binaural music
- Eat a quality high protein snack an hour or so before bed. Have this with a small piece of fruit to activate the blood-brain barrier. Avoid sugar or carbs before bed. Avoid caffeine include chocolate and black tea. Avoid alcohol. Eat your evening meal no later than 8pm, better is 7pm. Don’t drink any fluids two hours before bed.
- Use blackout blinds or a sleep mask. Also try and not turn a light on if you need to get up during the night. Use baby type night lights. Use earplugs as well if you need to.
- Don’t have a TV in your bedroom. And don’t watch any TV a couple of hours before bed, especially anything stimulating or upsetting, like the news. Move any electrical devices such as alarm clocks at least 3 fee from your head.
- Keep your feet warm. Wear socks, but turn the heating down.
- Be in bed with lights out by 11pm, irrespective of how you feel.
- Have a routine and stick to it. Go to bed and get up at the same time every day. Have a hot bath in the evening and a shower in the morning. Have a foot bath before bed with warm water and essential oil of Rosemary, Bay or Basil to stimulate circulation to the feet.
- Don’t ‘Command” yourself to go to sleep. This will only make you more alert. If you lie in bed awake for more then 20-30 minutes, GET UP, go to a different room and do something relaxing like reading calming books or gentle TV, nothing stimulating, then return to bed when you feel sleepy. Do this as many times during the night as needed.
- Avoid napping during the day; it can disturb the normal pattern of sleep and wakefulness. Ensure adequate exposure to natural light.
- Follow the nutritional guidelines you have been given.